401k Retirement Savings Plan
Newport Retirement Services is one of the largest retirement services provider in the United States. With over 40,000 plans representing almost 2 million participants, Newport has become the premier solution for many small to mid-sized business in the country. Our unique independent, transparent, and consultative approach in servicing our clients has allowed us to win major awards and recognition with our own clients as well as distinguished third parties in the retirement industry. Newport is solely focused on retirement services as our primary source of business. This allows us to be a service leader for our plan sponsor and an innovation leader for our plan participants. The tools and resources Newport has developed and continues to enhance gives millions of Americans the opportunity to live both a prosperous and dignified retirement.
Pooled Employer Plan (401k Retirement Savings Plan)
Many small business owners wish they could provide employees with access to a retirement plan but are unable to due to concerns about
- Lack of time and expertise
- Fiduciary Liability
Thanks to new legislation passed in 2019, small to mid-sized employers now can pool together their individual retirement plans to provide this benefits that are similar to the largest companies in our country.
Under the SECURE Act, the most significant retirement legislation, employers can offer a cost affordable retirement plan through a Pooled Employer Plan (PEP) arrangement.
Overview and Advantages of a PEP
In a PEP, employers of all sizes, industries, locations etc. can join together and become a "member employer" through the SOCA Pooled Employer Plan (SOCA PEP). The Newport Group the Pooled Plan Provider (PPP) of the SOCA PEP is responsible for establishment, management, fiduciary oversight and operations of the plan on behalf of the member employers. In the SOCA PEP, member employers can take advantage of:
- Cost Efficiencies - Costs are lower because they spread across a larger participant and asset base, thereby reducing the costs for each member of the plan.
- Fiduciary Risk Mitigation - Fiduciary duties are outsourced to a plan advisor serving as an ERISA 3(38) investment fiduciary.
- Operational Outsourcing - Newport Group is the Pooled Plan Provider (PPP) and assumes many of the administrative burdens on behalf of the member employers including eligibility, beneficiary tracking and plan disbursements.
- Increased Focus - Member employers use fewer resources allowing more focus on growing revenues and profits in their business.
For Member Employers
- 402(a) named fiduciary
- integrated 3(16) administrative fiduciary
- 3(38) advisor support services
- Integrated trust and custody services
- Digital access to all plan functions and information
- Payroll contribution tracking and integration
- integrated non-qualified plans
For Individual Employee Participants
- Full-function participant website and call center
- Spanish website
- Full suite participant education seminars
- Financial wellness program
- Integrated managed account services